- The Jamaican flag is a symbol of Jamaica's independence and national pride. It consists of three horizontal stripes of black, gold, and green with a diagonal, upward-pointing triangle of black on the left side of the flag.
- The black stripe represents the strength and creativity of the Jamaican people. The gold stripe represents the natural resources of the country, including the sun, beaches, and other natural beauty. The green stripe represents the lush vegetation and agriculture of the island.
- The black triangle symbolizes the hardships that the Jamaican people have faced and their struggle for freedom. It also represents the unity and determination of the people in their pursuit of a better future.
- The Jamaican flag was officially adopted on August 6, 1962, when Jamaica gained independence from Great Britain. It was designed by a committee led by the then-18-year-old Jamaican student, Robert James.
Jamaican Flag Shirt
- A Jamaican flag shirt is a garment that features the colors and design of the Jamaican flag. It can come in many styles, including t-shirts, tank tops, polo shirts, and button-up shirts.
- A popular design for a Jamaican flag shirt is to have the flag printed or embroidered on the front of the shirt, often in a large size . The shirt may also include other design elements, such as the Jamaican coat of arms or the word "Jamaica" in bold letters.
- Jamaican flag shirts are a popular way to show pride for Jamaican heritage and culture, especially during cultural events such as Jamaica Day or the annual Jamaican carnival.