How to Remove HTV From Shirts
Posted by Heat Transfer Warehouse on Oct 24th 2019
Have you ever made a mistake while pressing heat transfer vinyl? There is a solution that helps remove HTV from a shirt without having to replace your garment. All you need is our heat transfer vinyl remover! Let's talk about how to get heat transfer vinyl off a shirt when you make a mistake.
How to use Heat Transfer Vinyl Remover:
- Start by turning the garment inside out.
- Apply the remover to the area that you want to remove. (The vinyl that you want to remove is actually on the other side of the garment. This allows the remover to soak through the garment and reach the underside of the vinyl.)
- Turn the garment back to normal so that it is no longer inside out.
- Stretch the garment in 4 different directions around the vinyl that you want to remove.
- Carefully peel the vinyl off the garment immediately after stretching the garment.
Helpful tips when removing iron on vinyl / HTV:
- Our vinyl remover removes only heat applied material
- There may remain residue marks where vinyl was originally placed
- Once the garment is completely dry, you can place a new design over the removed vinyl to cover up any residue marks
- Always wear gloves while using this product
Check out a video tutorial on how to use Heat Transfer Vinyl Remover on our YouTube Channel!