Sawgrass Dye Sublimation Printers: SG800 vs SG1000
Posted by Heat Transfer Warehouse on Mar 31st 2020
The SG800 and SG1000 sublimation printers are the larger versions of the SG400 and SG500 sublimation printers respectively. Their large media size and high quality ink system has earned the older model SG800 a great reputation among dye sublimation businesses. The new SG1000 is Sawgrass’ upgraded version of the SG800. So let's take a look at what the differences between the SG800 and SG1000 sublimation printers. The SG500 and SG1000 sublimation printers are expected to be available in early May 2020.
Sawgrass Sublimation Printer SG800
- Advanced Photo mode allows you to print at 1200x600 dpi.
- Uses SubliJet HD Inks for vibrant, realistic colors with deep blacks and neutral grays
- Maximum media size of 11”x17”.
- With the addition of a bypass tray, it can expand its maximum media size from 13”x19” sheets to 13” x 51” roll material.
Sawgrass Virtuoso SG1000 Standard Install Kit
Sawgrass Sublimation Printer SG1000
All upgrades have been made to both the SG500 and SG1000.
- Ultra Fine Photo mode allows you to print at 4880x1200 dpi.
- WiFi capability means improved ease of use and mobility.
- Single roll-bar helps to reduce paper jams.
- The option to purchase a starter set of inks makes these printers more accessible.
- New Sublijet-UHD ink is redesigned for even richer, more vibrant color on both hard and soft substrates.
- More energy efficient.
- The SG1000 is backwards compatible with the SG800 bypass tray.With the addition of a bypass tray, it can expand its maximum media size from 13”x19” sheets to 13” x 51” roll material.
Sawgrass Virtuoso SG1000 Siser EasySubli Bundle
What comes included with a Sawgrass sublimation printer?
- Sawgrass Academy offers comprehensive online training for Sawgrass users.
- Sawgrass Creative Studio is an easy-to-use design software. It has thousands of ready-to-use designs. An individual account is included with every Sawgrass printer purchase.
- Print manager ensures the colors you get are the colors you want. This software adjusts ink output based on the substrate you are printing on. This saves you money with less wasted ink, and ensures the best finished product.
- GO Expression is a complimentary online market-place for you to sell your custom designs.
- GO Exchange is a complimentary fulfillment service that works with GO Expression.
Both of these models are great options because of their large print size, and high quality prints. When you put these two printers head-to-head, the SG1000 clearly has the upper hand. If you want the highest possible print quality, The SG1000’s 4880x1200 dpi ultra fine photo mode is a huge upgrade from the SG800’s max dpi of 1200x600. For more information on the differences between the SG500 and the SG1000 check out our blog here. For more information on the differences between the SG400 and the SG500 we have a blog about that too!
Pre-order your SG1000 Sublimation Printer today!