Tue. Jun 13, 2017 in General
Father's Day is almost here! Are you still unsure of what to get your husband or father? Perhaps you want to create something but don't know where to begin? We're here to help! We mocked-up two quick and easy-to-do creations that we are sure any grill-loving father will love - a customized grilling apron and pot holder!
What you will need:
- Apron (ours was 100% polyester)
- Oven pot holder or mitt (we used a pot holder which was a poly/cotton blend)
- Your choice of Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) that will adhere to these materials - We used ThermoFlex Turbo Low Temp in Red and Royal Blue
- Teflon Release Sheet (Recommended to help reduce polyester press marks on the apron)
- Heat Press (we used our newest press - Craft Heat Press - which is high quality, small, portable, and affordable!
- Weeding tools if wanted (we love using our HTW Weeding Hook)
As you would with any HTV, send your design(s) to the cutter. When using ThermoFlex Turbo Low Temp, make sure to cut your design(s) in reverse.
Again, as you would with any HTV, weed your design(s).
Set your heat press to the appropriate temperature depending on what HTV you are using. There are various temperature that you can use when pressing ThermoFlex Turbo Low Temp. We chose to set our heat press at 300 degrees (F).
Now you are ready to press! At 300 degrees (F) we pressed the pot holder for 5 seconds at a medium pressure. The pot holder is thick enough to avoid press marks, so we didn't feel the need for using a Teflon Release Sheet. Also at 300 degrees (F), we pressed the apron for 5 seconds, but at a low pressure because of how thin the 100% polyester material is. Also because of this, we definitely made sure to use a Teflon Release Sheet to help avoid any possible polyester press marks.
When using ThermoFlex Turbo Low Temp, peel the liner WARM after pressing! Once you have done this, you are done! Check out our awesome quick and easy-to-do final creations! Give these a shot for yourself. We'd love for you to share with us your final creations!
To get started with ThermoFlex Turbo Low Temp click here