SG500 and SG1000 Sublimation Printers
Sawgrass will be launching their two new sublimation printers at the end of this month, but they are available for pre-order now. In this blog we will unpack everything you need to know about these two printers to help you know the difference between the two and make an informed decision on which printer is right for you.
All upgrades have been made to both the SG500 and SG1000 Sublimation Printers
- Ultra Fine Photo mode allows you to print at 4880x1200 dpi. The previous models had a max capability of 1200x1200 dpi.
- WiFi capability means improved ease of use and mobility
- Single roll-bar helps to reduce paper jams
- The option to purchase a starter set of inks makes these printers more accessible.
- New Sublijet-UHD ink is redesigned for even richer, more vibrant color on both hard and soft substrates.
- More energy efficient
- Both sublimation printers are backward compatible with the bypass trays from the SG400 and SG800. With bypass trays the SG500 can print up to 8.5” x 51” material and the SG1000 can print up to 13”x 51” material.
What comes included with a Sawgrass sublimation printer?
- Sawgrass Academy offers comprehensive online training for Sawgrass users
- Sawgrass Creative Studio is an easy-to-use design software. It has thousands of ready-to-use designs. An individual account is included with every Sawgrass printer purchase.
- Print manager ensures the colors you get are the colors you want. This software adjusts ink output based on the substrate you are printing on. This saves you money with less wasted ink, and ensures the best finished product.
- GO Expression is a complimentary online market-place for you to sell your custom designs.
- GO Exchange is a complimentary fulfillment service that works with GO Expression.
Sawgrass is the only company that has a sublimation printer built from the ground up just for dye sublimation. The entire system is air tight so you don’t have to worry about the mess of filling ink cartridges or the potential disaster of an air bubble in the line or a clogged print head. When you buy a Sawgrass printer you can buy with confidence knowing each printer is backed by a 2 year warranty and lifetime tech support through Sawgrass directly.
Take a quick look at the SG500 with our unboxing video